Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Things and The Great Escape!

Well, it has been much too long. We love, love, love where we live and feel so blessed to be here! This is me riding Agnes. Yep, that is what I named her. She is grumpy and older and definitely rules the roost amongst the other horses and I think it fits her. Parker calls her the name she came with: Wendy (for formal occasions anyway). You see, she is one of the horses for the coach and I guess Parker doesn't want to call out "Agnes!" Oh well... she is Agnes to me and is a good horse:)

Parker got inventive moving the panels. He got good ol' Agnes saddled up and she hauled the panels across the field. The picture is pretty dark, but you can see we tied up a few panels to a rope, Parker dallied up and off they went. It was a faster method than others we have done...

Oh, and this is a new found love... gardening. I love planting flowers. However, keeping them all alive is the challenge. I love hydrangeas. They are my favorite. They are also quite tricky to keep happy...


Here we are in New Mexico with the coach. This was at a cub scout day camp. It was quite the drive.


Oh, and it was Parker's birthday!!! We had a little party and had cake... it was all chocolate cake too. Parker is so easy-going, especially when it comes to food. I kept trying to get a favorite out of him... some kind of request; but alas, I had to choose myself... Chocolate. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Dark chocolate ice-cream. For those less inclined toward those options, I also made a german chocolate cake and had mint chocolate ice-cream. And there is my handsome man!


On memorial day, my family came over to help us build Parker's wagon. It was so fun to work together on it! Here is my cute brother and sister!

Parker let me choose the color for our wagon. I love red.


This is the view from our front yard. I absolutely love it. I feel so blessed to live somewhere that is so beautiful! I love living in the country.


It was a very long and cool spring this year. Here is Parker working our horses. This is how he tilled up our garden. It is quite effective for tilling as well as fertilizer, if you know what I mean...


Our Garden:





We have put in a garden which is well, quite large... We love it though. It is so rewarding and fun to watch everything grow. We planted corn (about 160 feet) and 22 tomatoe plants, and zuchinni, squash, cucumber, cantaloupe, watermelon, beans, onions, peppers, jalapenos, currants, raspberries, grapes, and strawberries. Yummo. Parker and I will be canning pros by the end of the season!


And as for the "Great Escape"


A few weeks ago, we were laying in bed and I heard a wierd sound. I said, "What was that? It almost sounded like a draft horse running." Parker said, "It was thunder." We layed there a minute more then there were other odd sounds. Parker decided he better get up and before he could, there was a knock at our door at 11:30 at night. Our neighbor was at our door and told us our horses were out. Yep. All of them. Crazy!

I was quite worried becuase there are fields all around us and couldn't imagine what our horses were doing to them!!! I also didn't know how we would catch a few of our horses who you can't catch in a round pen, let alone in a field that goes from here to Timbuktu! I said a prayer or two...

Parker caught Agnes and hopped on her bareback in his pajamas and boots... that's a sight! Anyway, he headed off and with the help of the neighbors caught all the rest. Poor Daisy and Nellie took out a barbed wire fence and got cut up. And well Willy, he is a unique kind of horse... was in a separate pen from the others. He really wanted in on all the fun so he just barrelled over his panel. The panel is done for.
With the help of great neighbors they were all back in about an hour. Naughty little things!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of the update pics! And I especially love how the other options for birthday food were sufficiently chocolatey, haha. It was SOOO fun to come and visit and we can't WAIT to have you for a few days out here. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garden looks amazing! I need to learn too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Lexi! What a lovely home! You were meant to be rooted in the country. You are in southern Utah, right? Keep updating your blog!

    ReplyDelete