Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ward Campout

So it turns out there ARE pretty parts of AZ! These mountains passed the test! They were beautiful! I was so dissapointed that it was only an overnighter...

Yes, I made him pose:)

Parker was in charge of two of the games: horseshoes and tug-o-war. It was so fun!




Parker was quite the hit at the campout. The first morning we went for a walk (which meant he brought his rope, which thus meant I was his moving target... a roping dummy if you will...). All of the little kids were fascinated by him. One little boy exclaimed, "A COWBOY!" as he walked by. We were talking to the bishop in the morning and his son kept trying to get his attention by nudging him. When the bishop asked him "what?" the boy asked , "Dad, is he a REAL cowboy?" Super funny. I assured Parker if we move back to UT, he wont get all this extra attention 'cause he'll fit in too much! Even yesterday going to the football game we walked by and a little boy was getting his dad's attention saying, "look dad a cowboy!"


This is the only taste of fall that we have had! It was so beautiful! It was still a bit hot there... around 80's in the early afternoon when we left.


Parker and his rope... the roping dummy is taking the picture...


Good morning! I was not quite awake yet, but I wanted pictures! We got in late at night and so we had no idea what it looked like. I was so excited to see how beautiful it was!


First time with our new tent! The top is all screen so you can see out of it! So lovely! I was a bit sad we were under a tree because we couldn't see the stars... next time I guess.


Parker took this first thing in the morning...



Parker is the professional outdoors cookman! I am so lucky! He made all of it in the dark and it was amazing! We had dutch oven biscuits, potatoes, and peach cobbler. Main dish was my own request: hot dogs over the fire... yummo. And why does it happen whenever you plan on leaving, you always end up setting up camp in the dark? Oh well, I guess it is all part of the experience! Next month we are going horsepacking and I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a BLAST! Love the fall trees in the background! Are you guys living in Arizonia??

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! I'm so glad you found ours so we can see how you guys are doing? It looks like you are having fun in AZ. Paul says congratulations and we are sorry that we couldn't come to your wedding!

    ReplyDelete