This was the funniest thing! The boys were asked to help an older gentleman show his ponies. They were a bit sheepish about the whole thing, which was quite funny. They showed Dan, Prince, and Snip. A lady I was seated by in the audience said, "obviously they aren't judging on showmanship..." I guess she wasn't impressed with a bunch of cowboys' knowledge of pony showmanship. If you click on the picture, you can see that they are having a difficult time keeping a straight face. Even funnier was the judge when he saw these boys come in with ponies!
+012.jpg)
The proud showmen with their noble steeds...
+011.jpg)
This is right before they went in to show. (It was impossible to keep the lense clean on the camera because of the dust everywhere, hence the speckles.)
+003.jpg)
This is Quade working off a little excitement. Apparently it wasn't enough becuase shortly after this picture, he did a little "Man from Snowy River" manuever in the show ring with his two front feet in the air, well above Parker's head. It was some good excitement for the audience I suppose... and the showman's wife...
+002.jpg)
This is Parker showing Parley. The Haviland's had two Reserve Grand Champions. One was won by Parley and the other by the lovely Doll.
Oh, it was SOOOOOOOOoo fun to see you guys!! I miss you already. Please move here tomorrow so we can play some more. Those ponies are too funny. And the shires are gorgimous.
ReplyDelete