Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tweezers, a Toothbrush, and a Sewing Thimble

Okay folks. So last week I was wondering what I should do around the house and remembered that my bathroom sink was absolutely clogged. Parker was going to do it, but I figured I would give it a shot... it would make quite a surprise... So, I went online and took an online video tutorial a few times from some plumber fellow (we'll call him Bob... "Bob the plumber" sounds good I think). Then I went to work... I went out to the garage and picked out some tools that looked like Bob's. Then I retrieved a cake pan... (I didn't have anything else the right size) to catch the malodorous water. I was so excited... it was so fun to think that I was doing it all myself!!! Every time I had a question, I would go watch my tutorial again. It was quite fun.
When it came to cleaning out the curvy part of the pipe (can't remember what it's called, Bob knows it), it had quite the treasures!!! There were: two pairs of tweezers, a pink child's toothbrush, a huge rubber sewing thimble, along with two white pieces of plastic. Parker ended up coming home early from work and this is the state he found me in!
I was so proud of myself!!! Don't know that I would do it again, but I know that I can do it all by myself...

Just as an ending note, I made cinnamon rolls in this pan this week. I just can't bring myself to eating any of them! They are the only ones that are left... so if there are any brave souls out there... you are welcome to them!!!
If anyone is interested, you can watch and learn how to unclog your own sink at http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Unclog-a-Bathroom-Sink-Drain---Part-2-105395283
This is just the second half, so make sure you get the whole enchilada.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA this is soooooooo funny! You are a professional plumber. You know, if playing the cello doesn't work out for you, at least you have options...

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the enlarged version of that cake pan full of treasures is disgusting! BLAH! You are a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete