Here is Parker with Nellie. She is a draft cross. She is quite beautiful, though she has quite the defiant personality. Right now it is a task just to catch her, the little stinker. I love her mane and tail.Thursday, August 20, 2009
My First Horse and Parker's Millionth?
Parker and I got two new horses! It is so fun to take care of them! I suppose it is so fun because it is new to me. I usually get to feed them in the morning and go with him at night to work with them and feed again. Neither horse is broke yet so there is work ahead of us (mostly Parker). My horse we named "Molly" (I usually call her Moll-sters) and Parker's is "Nellie". I feel like a little girl with a life-size "My Little Pony"... my job always includes brushing and the other day I determined I didn't like how Molly's mane was so uneven, so I trimmed it up real nice. Anyway, I think she needs some conditioner for her mane because it is so dry and brittle... A few days ago Parker put a saddle on Molly and took her to the round pen. She threw quite the fit. She was just a buckin' and a-snortin'! I think we'll be having our own rodeo when Parker hops on in a few weeks...
Here is Parker with Nellie. She is a draft cross. She is quite beautiful, though she has quite the defiant personality. Right now it is a task just to catch her, the little stinker. I love her mane and tail.
Here is Parker with Nellie. She is a draft cross. She is quite beautiful, though she has quite the defiant personality. Right now it is a task just to catch her, the little stinker. I love her mane and tail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Golly, they are both beautiful. Nellie is enormous looking! Love her feathers. And Molly is beautiful. You two will look great together...after she lets you stay on without throwing you off :)
ReplyDelete