
Oh boy, do I love the 4th of July!!! It is a favorite holiday of mine. When Halsey and I were young we were in the parade every year as clowns with my dad. This was a tradition that my dad started with us and we loved it! There was so much anticipation for that parade day! We would get up in the morning and mom would do our clown make-up and we'd get in our costumes and take pictures, then it was off to the parade line up! After the parade, we'd always go to my grandparents house and have a big barbecue and reunion of sorts. This tradition remains. Without a doubt, the highlight of my gradparents' party is the WATERSLIDE!

All right, I admit it. Mark, Halsey, Parker and I were the only adults (or even anyone above 12 years old) that waterslid... There was of course, quite a number of kids. We just waited for the rush to be over, then the slide was ours.

Needless to say, though the slide hasn't lost its charm for me, my body certainly didn't take it like it used to! Parker's abs were sore the next day, and I felt like I'd had a complete core workout along with some sore legs... ah but it's so worth it!!!

Yep, that is me, Parker and Henry slip slidin' away...

This was Mark, Halsey, myself and Parker at the fireworks... so fun!!!
it looks like you guys had a great 4th of July!! The water slide looks like a ton of fun too! hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteHave I ever told you that I love the photo behind the header? You two look so happy :) I'm happy the waterslide provided a core workout for you. Mark probably felt the same way. There's no reason to be ashamed of being the only grown-ups (are we really grown-ups?) that played on the slip 'n' slide. Might as well while we still can :)
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed you guys going down the waterslide! It was good to see you guys.
ReplyDelete