Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hooked on a 2 Second Ride...

Yes, so I am tough... offically.  I had my first saddle bronc ride on Agnes.  I wanted to go for short ride one afternoon (really we had about 15 minutes) so we just went in the fields in back of our house.  The field had just been plowed and was quite deep and soft and I told Parker that if a person were to fall off, this would be a nice place to do it.  On our way back in, Parker suggested we lope them back.  I guess Agnes was "feeling good" as Parker would say.  Needless to say she bucked... whew!!!  Parker said it was legit and that I "stayed in there" pretty good!  So I didn't get thrown on the first buck!  It really was a soft landing just as I had suspected.  I was laughing and telling Parker how tough I was and how it wasn't bad at all... he was chuckling too and of course asked if I was alright.  I was just so happy that I survived it so well and that it wasn't nearly as terrible as I had imagined it.  I have always been terrified of being bucked off a horse but now I have done it and I am not nearly as scared.  Oh, I had a super good bruise from my leg hitting the cantle as I came off. Tough.
This picture of my dirty backside is all I have to document the event...

1 comment:

  1. Falling off always hurts - even if the landing is soft. :) Tell Parker hi for me (Chelsea).

    ReplyDelete