Ooops, the pictures are backwards in order. This first picture is from Christmas Eve Night, after we got back from Troy and Susan's. Parker and I read (upon my request) "Twas the Night Before Christmas". We also read Luke 2. It was a lovely evening together.

We went to Troy and Susan's and had soup bowls. Then we had a program. I played my cello (The First Noel) and Susan read us a picture book called, "On Christmas Day in the Morning". We also listened to "For unto Us" from Handel's "Messiah". This is Parker and I posing by their tree... we didn't have one this year. We just didn't want to pay full price for one when the day after Christmas sales were coming up so soon; and, we didn't have time to drive hours to cut our own. Next Year!!!

During the day of Christmas Eve, I worked on Danish sweet rolls and Parker worked on and finished his scabbard. It turned out amazing! Parker did come and help me every time I hollered though. He helped me do all the layers of butter dabbing on the dough. What a champ:-).

Here I am with my hard, hard work. I called my grandma about 20 times in one day asking her questions about how to do these. My sister and I would go help my Grandma make these during Christmastime, but it was entirely different doing it on my own. I was so proud of myself. They turned out just like Grandma's! Oh, and I think they are Parker's most favorite treat I have ever made him!
Post the recipe! I want to try!
ReplyDelete