I guess it all started growing up in the country. I remember my mom talking about riding "Ollie" her horse growing up and wishing I had a horse of my own to ride. My mom put us on a horse whenever there seemed to be an opportunity. For instance if there was one tied to a fence, she would find out who it belonged to and would see if we could sit on it and perhaps be led around on it. So aside from a few dude rides and "horse sits", I didn't have too much experience riding.
In elementary school I wore "Wrangler" jeans (for their durability I suppose), some cowgirl shirts, but always boots. I had a teal pair of "Justin Lacers" as I called them and a pair of black, pointed-toe cowboy boots. Now these boots had their advantages on the playground. There was a hill on the playgroud area, which in the winter time provided great fun as I skied down in my pointed-toe, treadless boots. Yee-hah!!! Some time after this however, my country duds wore out their welcome, but not forever!
The boots revival came from my country dancin' days at BYU-I (which started only because I liked dancing, not because I EVER listened to country music.... that all changed after going country dancin' long enough...) Anyway, I wanted a pair of boots to go dancing in, so I got the boots (pictured above) for Christmas. Then of course, I needed a shirt to go with it. Then eventually, I guess I needed a cowboy to go with it!!! hee hee. I suppose it is like the children's book, "If you Give a Moose a Muffin"...
In the above photo is me wearing that first pair of cowboy boots since elementary days. They are a couple years old and have served me well. Three more pairs have followed the first. Now, I know these aren't the real deal when it comes to real ridin' boots, but nonetheless, they are country.


No comments:
Post a Comment